- Promote artistic excellence
- increase accessibility to the arts to the entire community
- increase artistic productivity and creativity
- educate the public on the contribution of the arts to community development
- reflect the cultural diversity of our community
Special Project Grants:
Special Project grants are available to non-profit agencies and individual artists, for arts-related projects that demonstrate a commitment to artistic excellence, community impact and outreach. Proposals must involve the arts (visual, dance, theatre, vocal, etc.) and will be scored on 1) artistic merit – quality of artists involved, 2) management ability — experience of organization / artist administering the program and 3) impact — number of people served or new areas of county reached.
- Here are the 2019 Special Project Grant winners click here.
- To submit a final report for a completed project click here.
K – 12 schools located in Stark County are not eligible for Special Project Grants. Funding to schools is available through the SmArts grant program and comes in two forms: $750 mini grants and long-term partnerships, both of which involve the superintendent, school administration, teachers, teaching artists and ArtsinStark staff. Please contact ArtsinStark’s Director of Education for more information.
Major Arts Organizations:
Currently ArtsinStark provides operating support to the seven largest arts organizations in Stark County: Canton Ballet, Canton Museum of Art, Canton Palace Theatre, Canton Symphony Orchestra, Massillon Museum, Players Guild Theatre, and Voices of Canton. The Major Arts Organizations Grant category is not currently open to any additional organizations.
- To view the Major Arts Organization Grants click here.